I’d like to thank blogger Unwanted Life, who has kindly nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. This award was designed by Okoto Enigma to give bloggers the recognition they deserve, & for the community to show their appreciation of each other’s work, motivating them to keep writing.
Like many blogger awards, to accept the award after being nominated there are a few rules you need to follow:
- Display the logo (check).
- List the rules (ongoing check).
- Thank whoever nominated you (check).
- Mention Okoto Enigma as the creator of the award (check).
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you (uh oh).
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself (definitely uh oh).
- Share a link to your best posts (how to choose!).
- Nominate some others for the award (recommended 10 – 20).
- Ask your nominees 5 questions with at least 1 question being funny (evil laugh).
Let’s get this very introverted party started!
Questions from Unwanted Life:
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
This may seem mundane, but one of the best pieces of advice ever given to me was to apply for the position of Data Management Assistant at a clinical trials unit. Having read the job description & requirements I felt that I was unqualified for the role, & I wouldn’t have even applied without the encouragement of my husband (then fiancé). It goes without saying that I got the job, & almost a year later I’m definitely one of the few people who is lucky enough not to hate their job. Also, the pay is good.
- What’s the most out-of-character thing you’ve ever done?
I once had a very heated row with a woman using the one disabled changing room available as she was taking an exceptionally long time. I had just climbed out of the swimming pool & was dripping wet, getting colder & colder, & conscious that time was marching on. As she eventually came out of the changing room I accused her of being a fake, when in reality she had an invisible condition. There was definitely no need to take as long as she did, especially with the other disabled cubicle out of order, but I shouldn’t have judged whether she should be using a disabled changing room in the first place. I definitely regret how I handled that situation, & wish that I’d realised how horrible I’d been in time to say sorry.
- What one historical event would you love to be there to witness?
I would almost certainly have wanted to be a part in the suffragist movement, possibly even the suffragette movement. Every single woman that participated in that movement is a hero in my opinion.
- What one thing would you love to become an expert in, if you could wake up tomorrow & suddenly be an expert in it?
Kung Fu, purely so I could sit up & go “whoa, I know Kung Fu”, like Neo in The Matrix.
- Would you rather be rich or famous, & why?
Definitely famous. I’m like a cat in that I’ll pretend not to like the attention, but in reality I’m basking in it.
This isn’t because I belong to the “money can’t buy happiness” school-of-thought either; at the end of the day, you’re never going to be happy if you can’t afford a roof over your head, food, & other basic necessities.
Some Facts About Me:
- I’m terrified of spiders, but I like spider-man.
- The 5 ladybirds on my latest tattoo have names; Asuka, Becky, Charlotte, Lita, & Mae, after 5 iconic women in WWE.
- The skull also has a name, Fred, courtesy of my colleague.
My Favourite Blog Posts:
All Creatures Great & Small: how animals react to disabled people.
More Than Ramps & Lifts: how accessibility is more than physical requirements.
Wheels Ahoy: a short story about a wheelchair-using pirate.
My Questions for Nominees:
- What’s the most bizarre piece of advice, wanted or otherwise, that you’ve ever been given?
- What’s the weirdest instance of Deja Vu you’ve ever experienced?
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever been asked & how did you answer it?
- What’s for tea?
Once again, I’d like to thank Unwanted Life for their very kind nomination, & congratulations to all my nominees!